Thursday, November 19, 2009

Beans

I finally went back and had the courage to read my Hannah post from a few weeks ago, and the floodgates have re-opened. Wow. I guess that wound is fresher than I thought...I'm crying here at my desk.

I miss her so much.

Emily and Natalie came back to try to test the other kitties in my household, but we could only get one of them. She is negative (thank Goodness) and I am taking the other two in to Appanasha on Monday the 30th. I'm pretty sure they don't have it (I was most worried about Mollie), but it will bring me peace of mind to just have them cleared. The tests are like, $52 a pop though! $$$ Gah. All for the love of animals...man. I guess, what's another hundred dollars tacked on to the $600 I already owe my parents? :S

When Em & Nat were over...it got me thinking and I pulled out Hannah's file. There was a big blank next to the combo FeLV/FIV test - no initials. I don't know how it was missed, but apparently she was never tested at all. I know it was an honest mistake. Am I a little upset, yeah...because that kind of honest mistake can affect the lives of MANY other cats. But, if she had been tested positive back then, I would have never gotten to experience almost 2 years of this wonderful, silly kitty who enriched my life.



If you want to see some cute pictures and videos, click on the "my kitties" tag over on the right hand side of my blog. I have a video from one of the first days I brought Hannah home, and also a cute one of her making biscuits on my blue blankie. Sigh. *heartbreak*

Her ashes are ready to be picked up from Appanasha. I find myself hesitating to stop there, because I don't really know what to do with them...

No comments: