Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sihhhh-VET-TER!!!!!

That's Sylvester to all you out there. I took Puff & Squeaker in to get their last Distempers last Thursday, and took a peek in by Sylvester to say hello. He was hiding on top of the high cabinet as he usually is when I've stopped before. :( I told Natalie I think I should take him. She went to look in the files to see if there were any pending apps in there, and there were a few old ones. She was going to check with the board members to see if they had all fallen through and then give me a call.

I got a message from her the next day, I think. Letting me know that IT'S A GO and that I can be his Momma and bring him back here.

When I went to pick him up, Natalie scruffed him from the top of the cabinet to get him down....he was clinging on for dear life and very stressed, claws out. As she lowered him to me, he just relaxed and melted into my arms....even looked up to nuzzle me. As soon as we crated him he was crying in there pretty hard core, and I thought "oh boyyyy what have I done" on the way home.

The reconditioning period took maybe 5 minutes of skittering around the apartment and checking things out again. But other than that....HE REMEMBERS. Everything is in harmony here and I am again at 3 cats (with a total of 4 eyes). Sylvester has the same eye missing as Jazzy.

Welcome Sylvester, my first BOY! Making himself verrrry comfortable on my bed already...

3 comments:

Nicole Lynn said...

He loooks so comfy on your bed!! So happy you adopted him and that you have 3 cats with a total of 4 eyes....just sounds so funny!!

olivia said...

I'M NOT A BLANK FACE ANYMORE! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Thoresen Family said...

Congrats Em! He looks like a cool cat! Cody was checking out the pictures with me and now he wants a kitty. Yeah :) See what you're doing to me?