Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thirty-one and ticking...

Last weekend we had our ceramics painting, and it was fun as always. There was so much good food there! I did a vase with a bunch of different bright-colored squares on it - and for the first time ever I wasn't the last one done. That honor went to Jen.


This Friday is my birthday, and Jane is taking me out to Olive Garden for dinner. After that we're going to just lay low at my place, watch a movie, and play some board games. I told Jane I have PACHISI that I bought at a rummage sale in Redgranite, and she was all pumped about it (we used to play that at her house when we were little). Saturday I don't have anything planned except taking my new picture into Hobby Lobby to get framed. But on Sunday, Jen and I are going up to Pine River to visit my parents. Dad is making a big birthday breakfast for me, Mom, Jen, & the groggies -- his famous Eggs and Tatos!! Jen is going to bring her bow to show to Dad, and he will show her his cross-bow and array of guns. Silly hunters. And we get to see Super B and GOOOOOZIES!

Last night I went for my volunteer orientation at Saving Paws. I loved it and can't wait to start offically helping out. I've donated quite a bit so far, so it only made sense for me to attend the fundraising meetings, participate in the events, and help out when I can with cage cleaning/other errands. Everyone there is SO nice. Speaking of kitties...mine are doing just great!


In other news, Ellen got a new job working in the rehabilitation ward of a hospital. So far, it has not been too kind to her -- a certain crotchety old lady in particular likes to throw things and call Ellen a useless "dumpster". ha ha! She keeps refusing treatment and saying she doesn't need help, but she'll NEVER get out of there if she doesn't complete her physical therapy. I don't think I'd have the patience not to lash back. But apparently you just kind of have to take it (or write up a complaint), because otherwise it is ABUSING THE ELDERLY!

I just had brackets put on my back teeth today. Thank God the spacers are out, but now I am dealing with these metal chunks digging into my cheeks. Oh well; my bright idea!!

1 comment:

Nicole Lynn said...

oh i love your kitties!!

tomorrow is your b-day!!!!!! yay!!!