Wednesday, June 18, 2008

31-Year-Old Woman Plowed Over By BIG, JUICY VAN.......In a Wal-Mart Parking Lot.

I just got back from getting my oil changed. Gary also took my car for a drive and said the noise I've been hearing isn't a major problem. He oiled some of the axels so it sounds a bit better though. Thank God. I was crossing my fingers it wasn't something expensive.

While I was there, Sheri showed me Chloee's little playing area. I was elated to recognize a few of the toys! A Fisher Price farm, a little Cookie Monster stuffed animal with a red t-shirt on (and beans in his butt), and.......a MON CHI CHI!!!!!! KICK. ASS. P.S....I asked where "COFFEE" was, but she didn't know. ha hah ha ha

Mom and Dad are in Dallas vising Aunt Marsha & Uncle Dorald until this coming weekend. I stayed w/ the dogs this past Saturday, Ellen's been there through today, and Heidi comes tonight and will be there through Sunday. We're going to do something this weekend, which will most likely include going to HuHot. Yum! Also - CHICKEN FEST is this weekend in Darboy. Dude. Doesn't that sound like hard-core fun. I think Jamie said once she was going to try collecting shirts from every "Fest" she's been to. I wonder how many it is?

I sent out an email for camping today, and it got me excited. I'm so relieved that this year I won't be babysitting anybody (or worrying how I'll even be treated, for that matter). Lots of fun people are coming. We're going to Redgranite again, which was nice since it was about 15 minutes from Mom and Dad's house (in case we run out of firewood!!).

I was about 1-foot away from being run over by some fat lady in a minivan today in the Wal-Mart parking lot. The wind created from her speeding van literally knocked me backwards. She looked right at me as she passed, too. That would not have been a good way to die.

Happy 30th tomorrow to Jen! My silly Fartypants friend.

2 comments:

Jane said...

COFFEE!!! My stuffed animal that was a baby monkey! Ya, I doubt my mom would remember that one! I can't wait til we can get the barbies out for Chloee!!!!! You know my mom just loves it when you come over....its like her getting to see one of her daughters...cause you are like her daughter, STILL!!!! We love you Em!

Anonymous said...

So did you get to hit Chicken Fest? The parade was a picture of mid-America! They threw out tons of candy and we came home with a sand bucket full. I asked Autumn if she enjoyed the parade, "Yes, Mommy, I had fun at Chicken Patty." Chicken Patty? Hmmmm... Do they even sell shirts for chicken fest?