Despite last week being a short week w/ Labor Day, it was one of the longest I've experienced in a while. I'm sure this week will be more of the same.
Mom and I had fun on Saturday. We ordered Christiano's pizza (can you even believe there's a place that delivers to my parents' house?)...so good. Then we cut out felt patterns and started making the catnip toys. Mom made the fish and it turned out awesome. I tried the mouse and fucked it up right away because I couldn't really get the hang of the ladder stitch, so Mom ended up finishing. Damn! I felt like such a failure. ha ha ha Hand stitching is not my forte I guess...especially with floss. We had more than a few mishaps and broken needle threaders.
I got up at 7:00 and drove home in a sleepy fog to shower and get ready for the Pet Expo at Tri County Ice Arena. Amy and I worked the OARS booth today from 9-12 and I had a lot of fun. Amy is a hoot. I cannot believe all the crazy cat breeders there...people walking around with their cats in little outfits, pushing them around in covered strollers. I have to say though...I saw some BEAUTIFUL cats - I saw Val there and held hers...and I also held my favorite breed...British Blue Shorthair. Those little pushed in faces rock. Neat and all, but I would never own a purebred cat. I will always adopt now, and I'm fine with my "mutts"! I love them so much.
The same dude keeps winking at me on Match.com. He does this every so often and I've gotten to recognize his screen name now. I think he forgets he winks at me and then does it again when a few weeks pass. I hate dating sites, and I hate bars. Where's a girl to meet a guy if both of those things are not for her? I think I need to know more friends who can set me up with single guys they know. Boo.
No comments:
Post a Comment