Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pippi Purrstocking

I just picked up Pippi from Emily's house. Miss Pip is having a little sleepover in my spare bedroom tonight and I'm taking her into surgery tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. She already had one ear wrecked from frostbite, and now her other ear has cancer lumps on it, so she will be getting the other ear removed tomorrow morning. She will now be virtually earless and, I think, will look like a cute SEAL when this is all done. There is a 60% chance that things have not spread elsewhere, and I am hoping and praying that all will be well. This little thing has had a hard life thus far, and she deserves to finally have things look up. If you are in bed tonight and think of it, say a little prayer for this sweet kitty.

I kept Pip in her crate and just transferred her to the 2nd bedroom right away and got her settled in. I will be in to visit, but I didn't want her mingling with my other kitties: 1) Trying to keep stress to a minimum, 2) Pippi has a very very slight chance of having giardia (was staying with a kitty who was diagnosed w/ it) so she needs her own litterbox tonight, and 3) She cannot eat anything tonight anymore in preparation for tomorrow's surgery.

My cats sure know another one is here though. Here is Mona Lisa waiting outside the room and being silly:



hah hhah aha haha! What a clown.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

aww you should have posted a picture of pippi! that is so nice of you to take her. i am not much of a prayer, but i'll do it tonight just for you and pippi!

Heidi said...

what a cute cat. i wish you had a variety of colors in your cats instead of all the same color. I love white and black cats. How did the other cats get along with her--or did you keep her separated? Doesn't mona normally sleep in the spare bedroom?