Sunday, November 15, 2009

Recharging the Batteries

It's been 11 days since I lost Hannah. This weekend was the one I had originally planned to visit Heidi in Chicago, but that got messed up, so she just came here. I feel like I've been going 90mph with work, school, and volunteering....so I spent this weekend taking a little break from everything. Sometimes your body and mind need a relief from the chaos, and to do that you have to get away from it all and recharge.

Heidi and Mom picked me up for lunch at HuHot on Saturday. We got a paper at Express Gas Station (I made the front page w/ Donna, Emily, and Della for OARS -- check us out HERE). Heidi and Mom were cracking me up the entire time. From the huge grandpa's BUTT in Heidi's face, to Mom demonstrating in the parking lot how she thinks she is now walking different...it was an afternoon of laughs, that's for sure. We got lots of shopping done as well.

Mom is so wonderful. She went shopping and got me some cotton balls, a glass container, and lots of little divider bins for the medical room at the new shelter and had it all bagged up for me and ready to go. Then she goes online and buys my kitties a brand new PetMate FRESH FLOW water system (in ESPRESSO, no less), cleaner, and little filter refills for it. Now she takes Heid and I for lunch, shopping, and we top off the evening with Baskin Robbins ice cream cones and a movie. Heidi and Mom even sat through the movie w/ me and cut out OARS Giving Tree ornaments while they watched. In the morning we met Dad in Waupaca at the Woods for a yummy breakfast, and I got a cute kitty ornment at the store that Dad hates going into (Hallmark).

Mom and Dad's new front door sticker:


Old Dog and Young Dog:


OK...one more thing...when I went to Pet Supplies Plus for kitty food on Thursday, I saw this and had to get it. Did I NEED it? YES. The answer is yes.


It's so much cooler than my neighbor's hideous mat. Only a MALE would use a dirty, crooked CAR mat foor a welcome mat.

3 comments:

olivia said...

dude i totally would have bought that too. WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS GO SHOE SHOPPING, DARNIT?!

smilesformiles said...

Super cute floor mat! I want one too! I'm excited to see the Giving Tree ornaments :)

Anonymous said...

can i go out with you and your mom next time? it totally sounds like you have a lot of fun!
- rhiannon