Finally getting around to doing an update about the OARS walk I chaired. This was my baby! It was fun, busy, stressful, incredible, and worth it all rolled into one, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I had so much help from fellow OARS team members to make this a really successful 1st Annual event for this rescue.
I had a personal fundraising total of around $1600...I think I had some last minute donations but I don't recall the amount, so I'll just leave it at that number. This is the most I've raised for the dog-walk events, ever. Thank you to the following people for donating to something that you know means SO MUCH to me:
Ron & Linda Vanesky
Jason & Liz Monaco
Chris & Heather Fetner
Sheri Gloudemans
Scott Clark
Bill Bane
Brian & Jamie Thomas
Rhiannon & Jon Thoresen
Rhonda & Matt Ziegler
Sara Ann & Matt Suwalski
Stacey Krake
David Woltz
Joe Kuester
Rusty & Kirsten Zaspel
Anzonetta Kubisiak
Kristin LaFortune
Jeff LaFortune
George Hietpas
Tom Kolb
Deb Schweitzer
Julie Henke
Jody, Denise & Nora Vanesky
Steve Strubbe
Marsha & Dorald Keefer
Linda VanStraten
Jack & Debbie Ring
Sara Austin
Lisa & Joe Braun
Cindy Hogan
Kris Ely
Leanne Mazuroski
Diana Shurburn
Dave Faddis
I hope I'm not forgetting anybody...I can't find my pledge form so I'm doing this from memory! :)
Thanks to all of your donations and matching gifts, I was announced as top fundraiser for this event, and given a huge cat tree for my efforts. :) Now my kitties have something awesome to play on. THANK YOU AGAIN. I'm so proud to have such supportive friends, family, and co-workers.
Here is a snippet from our last newsletter:
The Purple Paw Parade on May 22nd was OARS' first walk and was a huge success. We want to thank Emily V. and her family for making that clever idea a beautiful reality. More than $8,000 was raised to care for the homeless pets of OARS. To put that in perspective, think of this -- it will pay the mortgage for over a year.....or spay and neuter 160 pets! Thank you Emily and volunteers who came out on the beautiful day to take a walk and support the homeless pets. It means everything.
Enjoy the pictures. What a great day. I'm so proud of what we accomplished...100% of the money raised will go towards the pets in our care.
1 comment:
Yay for awesomeness!! I'm so proud of you for doing that and raising so much money!! Amazing Job Em uh Lee
Post a Comment