Sunday, November 7, 2010

Car accidents GALORE!

Heidi got into a car accident earlier last week....she was driving in Chicago where she lives, and saw a car parked right in the middle of the road. Without even thinking she went around it, and a fire truck smashed right into her car, broadside. How horrible. I am SO GLAD she is okay.

Apparently she was standing there crying, and some lady was screaming at her: "you got what you deserve!!". Nice, huh? What kind of person says something like that? Can you even call yourself a human being if your first reaction isn't to ask "ARE YOU OKAY?" People are seriously crazy and disturbed.

Mom and I got up early Saturday morning and drove Heidi Mom's Prius, just so she'd have a car. Apparently she did not have renter's insurance when she thought she had, so isn't able to get a rental. Dad brought his truck home from hunting for Mom to have until he comes home from his month-long trip. What a long-ass day of driving in traffic. We left around 9:30ish, got there around 12:45, hung out at Heid's place for a while, went to have lunch, and then headed home around 4. It was such a long day, but I didn't think twice about it. Heidi would have done the same for us. I just slept at Mom's that night since I didn't want to drive home further in the dark. My dad said the deer are in full rut and it would just be my luck to hit my first deer. Which would scar me for life. :/ gah.

Anyway. At first they were saying Heidi's car was being totaled, but now they are saying they can fix it, which I don't think is fair. It is going to be all used parts and not be worth what it was before. I heard it is the norm to consider the car totaled when the front and side curtain airbags all go off...just because they are so pricey to replace. Apparently not? Here are some pictures:





In addition to Heidi's accident last week, Jared was driving and someone hit a deer right by him, and the deer flew onto the truck and damaged it. No good luck for our family lately. Thank goodness everyone is okay, and I'm glad the holidays are coming up so we can celebrate family and just being together. I'm sad Ellen & Jared will not be home for Thanksgiving, and only one day around Christmastime....but I guess one day is better than nothing. Ellen's almost graduated from nursing, and is doing her on-site in Obstetrics. So proud of her.

Sorry I'm making these updates all out of order. I started them as edits so I wouldn't forget what to write about, and just never got around to doing them. Since I'm sitting on my ass tonight (supposed to be doing homework), I figured it'd be a good time.

No comments: