Thanksgiving was wonderful! It was so great to be with family...I feel rejuvenated.
Thursday was our Thanksgiving feast....which I was late for because I overslept. Oops! I hadn't gotten much sleep this past week, so I guess I needed it. Anyway...it was really nice to visit with everyone. Bear was there too and we watched a bunch of back to back episodes of Mythbusters together. Later that night Mom, Dad, Heidi and I we watched the classic Thanksgiving movie "Trains, Planes, & Automobiles" before bed.
On Friday we had turkey leftovers for lunch, baked cutout cookies, and went out for pizza in Redgranite at a place called Redrock Pub & Pizza....it was DELICIOUS!!!! I would definitely go there again. There was a bar next to that called "Stumble Inn" and I had to take a picture of the sign. That is such a good bar name. ha ha. After we got home Heidi and Mom mixed up some frosting and we all decorated the cookies that were baked earlier. Dad was cracking me up with his creative decorating, and Mom was being super klutzy and dropping frosted cookies upside down.
This morning Daddy made eggs, tatos, bacon, and toast for a late breakfast. Later Mom and I made those Christmas Holly treats. They are like rice krispie treats, except they are made with corn flakes and green food coloring to look like Christmas holly leaves, and in the end you add a few cinnamon red hots for the berries. We made the first couple batches and then decided that we needed more, so Mom set to it. For some reason nothing was sticking together like it should...it was all falling apart. Dad was CONVINCED it was because Mom didn't melt the margarine and marshmallows on low...she did it in her typical hot-burner fashion to get it done faster. =) That's my Momma! It was all pretty hilarious. Heidi came over to taste and she crinkled up her nose. "These aren't even crunchy. These taste bad..." LOLLLLL. Mom huffed and went to go sit down, saying that she ruins everything she touches. Dad dug into her further and kept teasing of course, and we were all laughing. I'm sure they taste FINE now that they have cooled.
I was sad to leave today...I would have loved to stay, but I have kitties here and plus I needed to finish up my study sheet for my final exam this coming week. Love you Mom, Dad, Heidi, and doggies! Ellen and Jared too...even though I didn't get to see you. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy the pictures.
Thank you Olivia for watching my babies while I was gone. <3
Tomorrow Dad, Mom, Heidi, and Bear are meeting at Hollywood theater at 1:10 to see Unstoppable. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment